The Louisiana Energy and Power Authority (LEPA) engaged ERG as its consulting engineer in support of a $28.6 million revenue bond issuance to fund a pulverized coal powered steam turbine power unit’s capital investments toward compliance with the EPA’s Mercury Air Toxics Standards (MATS) rule. LEPA is a Joint Action Agency (JAA) consisting of 17 Louisiana municipal utility systems. ERG leveraged its expertise that spans engineering and finance to prepare a Consulting Engineer’s Report for inclusion in the Official Statement – the legal document that services as a prospectus for the sale of municipal bonds.
ERG’s provided expertise in the following areas:
- Environmental law and regulations affecting public utilities – in particular the EPA’s MATS rule
- Bond covenant compliance and reporting
- Financial analysis and projections
- Plant operations and the impact on performance due to compliance with environmental regulations
- System operating agreements and purchase power agreements
- RTO operations and marketplace structures
ERG provided valuable expertise by applying its unique breadth of skills and experience in support of this debt issuance.