Engineer / Analyst / Accountant / Economist (depending on qualifications and career goals)
Entry-level position for a new or recent college graduate (bachelor’s degree or higher) who can provide top-level technical skills, has a voracious intellectual curiosity, can communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, can think both broadly and in detail, and has a willingness to grow in the consulting profession.
The ideal candidate will be a key consultant as part of a consulting team on behalf of our clients. He or she will work closely with our other consultants to timely deliver work-product to clients in a fast-paced work environment.
- Perform industry-related research
- Perform rigorous and accurate analysis and modeling using widely-varying types and sources of data
- Think independently and creatively to solve problems
- Work with other team-members to synthesize value-added observations and recommendations for our clients
- Develop clear and concise communications for presentation to clients
- Infrequent travel may be required (<10%)
- Other professional job duties as may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, accounting, economics, physics, finance, mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, or other field demonstrating a high-level of analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, orally and in writing, clearly, thoroughly, professionally and logically (writing samples required)
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel (advanced), Word, PowerPoint, Access
Qualities of a Successful Candidate
Successful candidates should have a high degree of organization skill, be comfortable with modeling and quantitative analysis, enjoy solving analytical and empirical problems, and have the ability to thrive within a small office team environment.
Desired Candidate Strengths
- Analytical skills and aptitude
- Ability to work with disparate and incomplete data to solve problems
- Highly effective English language oral and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- A “team-player” in a fast-paced work environment
- An interest in learning the utility industry as a consulting professional
- A strong work ethic and a desire to grow professionally
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Merit-based bonus and profit sharing plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- Health, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability plans (100% employer paid premium for employee)
Energy & Resource Consulting Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.